Question regarding procedures for aligning engine on SM

smallworldsailor@...

I have one question today. It seems like we have a lot of vibration from our engine and from what I can tell, it doesn't seem to come from any misalignment of the engine to the C drive system,  but rather from the entire engine bed which may have shifted position. The reason I think this, is that even when the transmission is out of gear, there is tremendous vibration, particularly at idle, and when I physically 'pull up' on the left side of the engine, the vibration lessens dramatically, where-as if I lift up up on the starboard side, the vibration becomes even worse.
So my questions are: What is the correct procedure for ensuring that the alignment of the four 'engine bed mounts' is correct? Am I right in guessing that the engine bed should be aligned so that there is no undue pressure of the entire engine on the single rubber washer/bolt at the bottom of the C drive on the keel? I just don't want anything to wear out prematurely and think that I need to eliminate, as much as is possible, the vibration on the drive train.
So my questions in detail are:
If I wanted to realign the engine bed properly, what are the steps that must be taken in order to achieve this?
I do have a mechanic here who claims to have experience with Amels, but he told me that this realignment could only be done by 'feel.' This seems rather 'imprecise', so is there a more technical solution? Even if I only make it just a little 'better' until I can get back up to the Amel service center in Martinique, I don't want to keep running the engine this way in case I break something!
We were thinking of sailing to Trinidad in hopes of finding a mechanic who is familiar with Amels there. Does anyone know of a mechanic in either in Grenada or Trinidad who might be able to help us?