Re: Water Maker Green Light

Judy Rouse

Hi Gary,

We will try to take a photo of the circuit board tomorrow or the
next day. The boat has been in BVI almost her entire life, in
Grenada now. Sorry, cannot tell you the proportions of the pickling
solution as both the previous owner and we always had the marina
manager do it after we left each trip. The watermaker was left
pickled typically for a period of 4-6 months at a time.

We have not tried immersing the salinity sensor into sea water while
during operation. Will let you know results when we try that.

Because of the messages posted from other Amel owners about failure
of membranes, we are ordering replacement membranes tomorrow simply
as a precautionary measure.

Judy
S/V Security
SM2 #387

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, amelliahona <no_reply@...>
wrote:

Judy: Thanks for your response. Any chance you could take a
digital photo of your
control circuit board (located in the electrical box on the back
side of the control panel,
accessed from the port cockpit lazarette) and emailing it to me?
Something is clearly
different about your watermaker than from mine.

Have you tried immersing your salinity sensor in sea water while
the system is running to
see if it will divert the product water?

Please describe for us the amount of sodium metabisulfite you have
used in your pickling
solution (e.g. how many tablespoons of powder in how much water),
the duration of the
picklings (e.g. weeks or months at a time), and where the boat is
located so we can know
the average temperature.

Thanks,

Gary Silver

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "jrjrjrouse2000"
<sailingjudy@> wrote:

Tested our watermaker twice today to time it. Green light comes
on
at 1 minute 40 seconds.

We have verified that it does produce 160 lph. We have 108
hours on
the watermaker. It has been pickled many times.

Judy
S/V Security
SM2 #387