Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Addiyional refrigerator for Kimberlite

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

We have been thinking of making that change as well. Adding a cooling plate that runs only when we have the Dieselgenerator running, meaning it will not effect the batteries. The area will of course be extra insulatade to be able to keep the cold.

/Annsofie
S/Y Lady Annila SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPad

13 sep 2015 kl. 06:11 skrev sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Kent,

I should be around.

The slip at the end of the dock is a desirable t-dock

It is usually taken by transients as it is so easy to dock.

If you plan on being around on the weekend-try to reserve that slip in advance. I should be around those dates.

Fair Winds

Eric

Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 10:58 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Addiyional refrigerator for Kimberlite

Thanks Eric.  I'll call when I know I'll be there.  In thinking it'll be the 18th-20th.

Kent

On Sep 12, 2015, at 8:54 PM, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Kent,

When you drop by, if you would like a slip, call the dock master a few days ahead. Right now there is an empty slip next to me at the end of the dock.

If you know when you will arrive give him a few days’ notice for this slip.

Otherwise there are many moorings available.

Fair Winds

Eric

Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:46 PM
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Addiyional refrigerator for Kimberlite

Kent.

I do not like to use the settee reefers for cans. A few years ago a can dented the evaporator and caused a gas leak. It was a pain to change out.

See you soon.

Fair Winds

Eric

Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Addiyional refrigerator for Kimberlite

I've been looking askance at my unused dishwasher, too.  I was thinking of adding a small ice maker there.

I use the galley reefer for food, the aft dinette seat cooler as a beerator (actually any drinks) and an overflow for food that won't fit in the galley reefer.  I use the forward dinette seat cooker as a freezer.

See you in a week or so, Eric.  

Kent

SM243

Kristy

On Sep 12, 2015, at 7:41 PM, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Today I was looking at the dishwasher which has never been used. I was thinking about taking it out, insulating it , adding a cold plate and then I would have a top opening reefer. Or possibly having a top opening stainless box fabricated .

When we are on a passage with crew, they are always opening the reefer to get cold drinks.

What are Your thoughts?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 7:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Refrigerator replacement 1998 SM

Oh well, there goes that theory.  Still like the looks of that 2 drawer fridge!

Kent

On Sep 12, 2015, at 4:52 PM, Ann-Sofie Svanberg kanalmamman@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Lady Annila is the last produced SM, she has no 232. No 233 is a SM2k. 

/Annsofie

Skickat från min iPad

12 sep 2015 kl. 14:40 skrev Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

That's what I was thinking.  Is yours an SM2K?  Maybe that was one of the 2K changes?

Kent

On Sep 12, 2015, at 3:13 AM, Ann-Sofie Svanberg kanalmamman@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We have your configuration Kent, but not changed yet. I think it will be easier for us since we can /have to remove the washing machine to remove the old fridge.

/Annsofie

S/Y Lady Annila, SM232

Skickat från min iPad

12 sep 2015 kl. 03:48 skrev Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Looks great, Liz.  Interesting... On Kristy, the galley fridge is between the companionway steps and the sink.  Does anyone else have that configuration who has replaced the fridge?

Kent

SM243

Kristy

On Sep 10, 2015, at 9:27 PM, flyboyscd@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Kent,
 I just posted photos in a photo album called Vitifrigo Drawer Refrigerator.

Liz
S/V Aloha, SM72

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.