From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: dimanche 13 septembre 2015 18:14
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: decrease in galvanic corrosion.

Alan,

I think that using the threaded hole on the top of the rudder post (Brava SM2K #400 has one too) to install a crimp connection for the yellow and green bonding wire from the bilge sounds like a great idea.  I wonder why Henri Amel did not do it that way in the first place?  It would seem to eliminate the need for maintaining a good electrical connection between the triangular quadrant and the rudder post.

Not on the boat now, does anyone know the thread size for the hole on the top of the rudder post?

Derick Gates

SM2K #400 Brava

Currently on the hard in Antigua for hurricane season