Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bilge Suggestions/Advise

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Joel,

I replaced the Joker Valve on the end of the "bilge" pump hose. It was leaking, but possibly it would not be noticed. I happen to notice it when cleaning the sump. When I removed the hose from the sump, it continued to leak water (joker valve not closed). And when I re-inserted the hose in the sump, it took a while to prime. Had I not done this, I would not have noticed the loss of prime. I later replaced the hose with an almost clear reinforced hose, so that I can clearly see that water remains in the hose and the Joker Valve is working.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 10:03 PM, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

My boat's 16 yrs old and I'm sure still has the original.
Kent
SM 243

On Sep 16, 2015, at 3:34 PM, 'Joel Potter' jfpottercys@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Just out of curiosity more than anything else, has anyone ever had the one way valve/prime retainer device on the end of the electric bilge pump intake hose fail? In 30 plus years of messing around in Amel boats, I have only had to clean off coagulated shmegma to return one to full function. Would be interesting to know if others have a different experience.

Joel