[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: watermaker

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Eric:

The first posting was of my actual measurements of the old O-rings as
removed. I measured these with a digital micrometer. I then took the
used O-rings to HydraPak and asked them for matching the O-rings.
The closest O-rings they could come up with where those I posted in
message 2291. The HydraPak O-rings fit well and appeared to be
correct for my membrane end caps and associated parts.

The FilmTec technical bulletin literature on the Dow Corning FilmTec web
site states that small amounts of silicone lubricant on the O-rings is ok.
I highly recommend their web sit. It has lots of info on membranes,
servicing, care of, and production specs. etc.

Regards, Gary

eric <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Gary

You made 2 postings of the "o" ring measurements which measurements are
correct?

Is there a problem with using silicone on the "o" rings in the same area as
the membranes?