Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Kent,

karkauai

Still here, Eric.  Leaving this morning.  Decided to wait till I get to Jacksonville to get the rail fixed.  Got our provisions, got the sail and put it back up, ready to go sailing!

Thanks again for dinner and everything.  It's been great to finally meet you.  Hope we can hook up again sometime farther South.

Steady as she goes,
Kent

On Sep 21, 2015, at 10:56 PM, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Did you leave Huntington?

I will be on board Tuesday late morning.

How did you make out with the welder?

Fair Winds

Eric

Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 7:59 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Engine Battery Disconnect

I don't have a way to turn my engine room fans on unless either engine is running.  I've often thought that would be nice to have.  I opted to use a 110AC fan that is powered by my 24vDC->110AC inverter by the nav station.  The lights are on the 24v house bank so they still work when the 12v battery switch is off.  

I'm sure you know all this, so I'm guessing there's something about your question I don't understand. ???

Kent

SM243

Kristy

On Sep 21, 2015, at 12:17 AM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I was in the engine room doing cooling system maintenance and was working around the starter. I did not want to rub against the pos connection. I also wanted to keep power to my fan and lights. I disconnected the start battery as a work around.

I asked because on our previous boats we were able to cut power to the engine but keep house power alive. But, previous boats were all 12v and could share batteries with house.

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

Currently cruising: Chesapeake Bay - Solomom

Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2015 10:40 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Engine Battery Disconnect

Hi Mark,

On Kristy (SM2K 243) everything on the 12 V start battery is on the switch except the 12V charger I added for keeping the start battery topped up when at the dock for long periods. All I can think of that is on that battery is the Yanmar with its 12v alternator and the ONAN with its 12v alternator. Other 12v equipment runs off of the 24-12V converters under the Nav station.

What are you wanting to run on that battery when the engine and gender are not in use?

Kent

On Sep 20, 2015, at 3:28 PM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I’m a little embarrassed to ask this having owned an Amel for 4 years.

I know the main red battery switches at the forward end of the battery compartment kill power to the engine 12v and boat 24v. Is there a way to only switch off the engine other than disconnect the start battery?

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

Currently cruising: Chesapeake Bay - Solomom

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.