Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] watermaker

Roger Banks <roger.banks@...>

I'll speak up in support of Erick Mejean as I have been wondering for
some time how to say politely that the site postings have become way
my largest source of email and pretty boring on the topic of the
water maker. Perhaps the interested parties could continue it off the
site, by direct email amongst yourselves please.

Regards, Roger
Message from Roger Banks
Mobile: 0407 91 4601
Home: +61 2 6291 4601

On 25/06/2006, at 4:31 PM, G D wrote:

Dear All
I have been following this forum for many years. I found most of
the topics
discussed very interesting as at the end, through the discussions,
we got to
know our boat better. (I take this opportunity to thank all the
members for
their helpful contributions)
Sometimes ago appeared the Watermaker issue. I initially found the
topics
interesting, and then I quickly become a bit uncomfortable with the
different postings made by certain members. It seems that some of
them have
some interests in keeping the topic alive again and again by
bringing back
the same old issues which have been already discussed long time
ago. Then I
got the feeling that there was an obvious hidden agenda and the
exchanges
were lacking of honesty. Letís be serious for a while. How ones can
claims
that the failure of the Watermaker has spoiled the washing machine,
the dish
washer the pumps and the water heater not to mention other stories
which I
read which donít make any sense. This is purely ridiculous. I donít
even
want to argue on the technical feasibility of such scenarios as
they sound
so unrealistic. Iím sorry to say that some of the stories which I
read here
have more to do with the sailor than the boat or its equipments.

.
I have no interest neither with Dessalator nor Amel. Iím just the
happy
owner of my SM. Obviously through my 7 years of ownership I had some
breakdown, I did change some equipments as every year, progresses
are made
in terms of efficiency, electronic improves as well as many new
equipments
are launched. With regards to my Dessalator, it has done his job
extremely
well although through all these years I have made some improvements
or had
to change some parts. To me this is absolutely normal.
Donít expect to own a sailing boat without having to make some
repairs,
carry out extensive maintenance and regularly change some
equipments. It is
part of sailing

.. Owning a boat is not cheap.
Now letís be practical gentlemen. If your watermaker has spoiled
your life
and you boat for so many years then buy another one and do what you
think
you should do against the manufacturer. It is as simple as that.
Accept the
principle that some equipment may fail. This is not a sufficient
reason to
state that they are shameful equipments. Even the most sophisticated
equipments can fail. We are hundreds on this forum to make us of
the same
boat without having the kind of problems that you are mentioning.
Please
spare us the kind of discussion that you are overflowing the forum
with as
long as you have an hidden agenda. Share what can be interesting
for all of
us in an honest spirit. Donít make use of this forum to serve your own
interests. I believe that this is the spirit of this forum founder. To
finish spare me your answer as I believe it is of no interest to
the rest of
the members. I donít want to open an additional sterile polemic.

Wit best regards
Erick MEJEAN