From: dlm48@aol.com
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2006 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] watermaker

j.c.mcdougall@btinternet.com writes:

am therefore ignorant of the recommended procedures for maintaining the
watermaker and the manual is not helpful in this respect. Could I ask if
someone could supply a brief schedule of recommended procedure for
maintenance as "pickling", TDS meters and other things mentioned are new and
unknown territory for me. My watermaker will not be heavily used.

Thanks in advance,
John McDougall
"54" - no. 21

Dont pickle it and use it as much as possible - if you dont intend to use it
lots you should not have got a watermaker - watermakers love to be used -
dont use them and you will get lots of problems - perhaps before you added this
watermaker to the boat you should have done some research and understood the
operation as well as the plusses and minuses of a watermaker.

regards

David