[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: watermaker

eric freedman

Gary,
the watermaker membrane assembly is apart. Just a Sears rubber strap
wrench on the end caps and it came apart in 10 minutes.
----thanks for all the help and pix. i ordered the membranes from
your source and the "o"rings from maryland metrics. they had them in
stock--ps they also have the amel metric lips seals for the bow
thruster. I ordered new end caps and connecting bobbin from amel.
mine looked a little too worn.

my question de jour is why did you mount the omega quality sensor in
a loop parallel to the water flow and not in series with the output
water?

also did you have any trouble connecting the blue 3/8 inch plastic
hose to the Amel fitting? did you heat it to fit over the fitting?

Fair winds,
eric

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, eric <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Gary,

Thanks for the reference-

Oddly enough, I had purchased an r/o unit for my house from them
on eBay a
year ago.

Much easier than lugging bottled water.

Works great.

Just in case, I purchased the calibration liquid from Omega.

However, I believe that the membranes are a goner. VERY
DISSAPOINING!!

If they are dead-This weekend the membranes come out.

I had planned to head into the Pacific from St Martin last month
but headed
home to New York for some additional work before heading off.

What a disaster that would have been -imagine trying to get the
unit fixed
in the Galapagos.

Thanks for all your help.

Fair Winds,