Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] fresh water lines

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

John,

I cannot be much help because I have never done any water line plumbing on an Amel. On SM 387, there is a pair of copper water lines that are behind the back cushion on the dining table seating. If you are facing the dining table, remove the back cushion on the right side...you should see the lines that go to the shower control. Do you have a freezer under that seat cushion? Or, is it an open compartment?

On SM 387, the seats and backs are secured by Velcro and the seat plywood panel under the cushion and over the A/C is removable.

The water is going to migrate to all of the floor compartments in the saloon area and because your boat has watertight bulkheads, you are going to have to open all of these compartments between the engine room bulkhead and the bulkhead on the aft side of the forward head. You will need a pump to pump out the water and probably a wet/vac to complete the drying out.

I wish I could help you more, but that exhausted what I can tell you.

Best,

Bill
BeBe 387
Currently Gibraltar

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 5:07 AM, jsrogers@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Last winter was the first time for me leaving the boat on the hard.  Evidently the fresh water line running between the pressure pump and the forward head has bursts or has a broken fitting. I see water flowing from under the forward, port corner of the salon settee toward the AC unit!  It also seems that I must access this cavity by removing the back of the settee or the seat. Does any know which would be the best or easiest approach to access the water lines in this area?

John Rogers
SM #105
Its Good
Deltaville, VA