Re: Onan 6.5 kilowatt raw water pump rebuild

Gaffney, Drew <drew.gaffney@...>

In May, our Onan MDKAV pump leaked and wouldn’t hold a seal.  We could run the genset at anchor to make water by “priming”, but there was a salt water leak that was not acceptable.  We initially bought the rebuild kit, but realized that the pump needed to be replaced.  The vendor in St. Martin’s, after some discussion, allowed us to return the unused rebuild-kit and and simply purchased a new pump.  It was just over $300USD.  They had them “on-the-shelf”.  Replacement was straightforward.  You might be able to find a better price by searching on the web.  The pumps are made by Sherwood.   It’s better to get it from them…

Drew Gaffney

SY Revelation SM#390

Lying Norfolk VA