Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel Santorin overview

Ric Gottschalk <ric@...>

I have a 1990 Santorin. It is a go anywhere, do anything Amel like all Amels! It has all the amenities of any Amel, except dishwasher & washer/dryer. Frankly they are not needed. Big is good, but bigger costs more. I guarantee, I have fewer issues, lower costs, and Bali Hai still takes me anywhere in the world in style. I particularly like that my boat has 12volt system with the capability to connect to 24 volt power. That makes pumps & parts cheaper & easily available.
Currently in Annapolis

Ric Gottschalk
Kitchen Magic Refacers, Inc
Office 410-923-5800
Fax 410-923-5802

On Oct 1, 2015, at 11:53 AM, Germain Jean-Pierre jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I’ve seen a sloop Santorin up close and my opinion is… don’t do it.  Too much a compromise on the Amel philosophy.

Welcome aboard

JEAN-PIERRE GERMAIN,
SY Eleuthera, SM 007

On 1 Oct 2015, at 16:45, elmbrook@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Well 1st off - Hello.  I've recently joined the group to become knowledgeable about Amel Santorin sailboats and Amel boats in general.  I've searched the web and specifically this forum to find information on construction, design philosophy and on the suitability of Amel Santorin for blue water cruising.  What little I've found so far is promising but I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of posts or web site data that presents Amel Sailboats and specifically the Santorin 46 (sloop and ketch).

From what little I've learned so far this may be the boat that fits my wife's and my need for a blue water cruiser.

Regards,

Elm(er)

Jean-Pierre Germain,