Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Electric winch WARNING

Eric Freedman

Kent,

I never heard anything until the motor on the starboard winch motor was broken open and the armature came out of the motor. It woke me up. The ¼ inch studs that hold the motor together were also sheared off.

We sailed home from St Maarten this spring and I heard nothing from the port winch. I guess the winch makes so much noise the sound is not heard.

Please let me know if you need for me to send you bolts.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376