Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] More H20 discussion

Ian Shepherd <ocean53@...>

Hi Tony,

Your problem is familiar, but I am not certain that I have a good answer. I
had a D60 on my previous SM and suffered poor output too. I changed the
membranes and it was good for a very short time only. I never got more than
45 l/h after that. Water temperature and salinity both affect output, but as
you are in the Caribbean, that should not be a low output issue. I take it
that you have changed the primary filters as well? They may be clogged up.

My 160 l/h works much better. Even up in Greenland where the water was cold,
the output never went below 140 l/h. In the Med I see 155-165 l/h depending
on salinity.

If you are going to purchase a larger water maker, think carefully about
whether to buy a Dessalator or not. My view now is that there are better
makes out there. Being close to the USA, you have plenty of choice.

Best Wishes

Ian Shepherd SM 414 'Crusader'