Re: Bamar Furler replacements/upgrade from Bamar

Mohammad Shirloo

Hello Bill;

Thank you for your post of Gian's comments on the Bamar Furler. We had the same exact issue on both furlers due to water intrusion from the top seal of the furlers. Riza from Emek Marin had it taken care of by the only Bamar authorized repair technician in Turkey. All gears, bearings and belts had to be replaced. The tech feels that the repair should be good for another 5 years and the main issue was that Bamar never greased the top seal at the factory. The tech informed us that bamar has now got new designs out and they have also eliminated the belt drive and have gone to a direct drive..

We are however looking for a more permanent solution and were looking into both Reckman and New Bamar. I have e-mailed Gian for a copy of the letter.

Aty and Mohammad
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #99