Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel Maramu Electrical Compliance - New Zealand / Australia

Alan Leslie

Hi Eric and Danny,

The NZ regulations would only apply to a fully imported boat.i.e. changing sockets, switches etc
Otherwise, for foreign flagged boats, it is only electrical safety that is the concern.

the Onan ground neutral connection is not a serious problem as the contactor (relay) in the engine room effectively isolates the ground from the shore power neutral when the genset is not running.

This thread has caused me to think a bit more about my 3kvA inverter and its grounding situation regarding shore power connections and at sea function...I need to think a bit more about that wrt to the grounding (or not) of the inverter.

Cheers
AlanĀ
Elyse SM437