From: "Joel F. Potter" <jfpottercys@att.net>
To: <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Changing the subject
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:45:45 -0400

Hello John,

I hope you won't think I'm picking on you but the advice you
gave is not correct.

The Heart inverter charger is a nice piece of gear. It will
also pull, in our opinion, too much out of the 24 volt bank
when used to operate the microwave or other high current
items.

Additionally, be very careful when running 110 volt
appliances on stepped down 220 volt power. The power
remains 50 cycle, not 60 cycle. This won't matter with
drills and blenders but will quickly destroy televisions and
stereo equipment as well as most bread makers and espresso
machines as the "brain" of these devices take their timing
signature off 60 cycle, not 50 cycle. 50 cycle will destroy
sophisticated 110 volt components very quickly.

Be careful.

All the best,
Joel F. Potter
AMEL 54, Hull # 14 - HOLLIS