Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Would you buy all electric no diesel Amel?

Douglas E Knapp DEK

This is the hydrophobic article that I was thinking of.
http://www.gizmag.com/nanostructures-hydrophobic-surface/38984/

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 7:16 AM, ericmeury@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

What would be the point.  Many of the Electric propulsion boats have a diesel generator.

Are electric motors ready to replace diesels? - Ocean Navigator - September 2011
Are electric motors ready to replace diesels? - Ocean Navigator - September 2011
Are electric motors ready to replace diesels? Jan 22, 2013 A boat owner’s perspective on the state of electric propulsion BY DAVID E. MONCTON
Preview by Yahoo

The above couple has electric propulsion.  Range of 20nm but they have a honda gas generator to keep it charged.

I really don't see any benefit.  The amel engine room is pretty insulated.

What is the benefit you are after?

--
Douglas E Knapp, MSAOM, LAc.