Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Re-paint of rail and metal insert

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

We bought it in Chaguaramas, Trinidad. But any place that makes car/boat decorations have it.
It even reflect lights, maybe not as good as a reflex tape, but good enough to identify the boat in the dark.

/Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila, SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPad

7 okt. 2015 kl. 12:28 skrev peacock@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

We are also considering upgrading and painting the rub rail. I would like to put something in the groove such that it sticks out a little further than the rubber part, thus saving the rubber part from wear and tear. We were considering a UHMW (very durable plastic) strip. Is your adhesive metal strip thick enough for this? Can you give any more info about where you got it?

Thanks.
Tom Peacock
SM Aletes #240