WATERMAKER

jfolino901 <no_reply@...>

I HAVE SM # 347, LAUNCHED 11/5/01. SHE HAS THE LARGER WATERMAKER BY
DESSALATOR (150 LITERS/HOUR) & WORKS QUITE WELL. HOWEVER AT JUST OVER
11 HOURS ON THE WATERMAKER, I LOST BOTH LOW & HIGH PRESSURE READINGS
ON THE GAUGES. AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS DUE TO RUNNING BOTH THE
ENGINE, GENSET & WATERMAKER & JUST A CASE OF OVERDEMAND. I CHECKED
THE SEA CHEST AND IT WAS CLEAN! HOWEVER AFTER SHUTTING DOWN THE
ENGINE, THE WATER MAKER EXHIBITED THE SAME PROBLEMS. SO I CHANGED
BOTH THE 25 MICRON & 5 MICRON FILTER CARTIDGES WHICH CURED THE
PROBLEM. THE 5 MICRON FILTER LOOKED HEALTHY SO I SAVED IT FOR FUTURE
USE! I DON'T RUN THE WATER MAKER IN PORT. I USED IT FROM FRANCE TO
PORTUGAL LAST NOVEMBER. THEN FROM PORTUGAL TO THE CARIBBEAN THIS
JANUARY TO FEBRUARY. I RETURNED TO THE BOAT MID MARCH FOR A WEEK.
COMMENTS REGARDING FILTER LIFE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT. THE MADE WATER IS
CLEAN & QUITE FREE OF SALT OR MINERALS.
THANKS,
JOHN FOLINO, SULAJON