Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM 2000 #240 holding tank copper pipe/tube blockage

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Hi Steve:

Regarding your use of the PB Blaster product, I looked on the PB Blaster web site to see what
was in their PB Blaster Penetrating Fluid. While I have used vinegar to good effect I am always
open to a new product. However, my only concern is the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)
specification "Do not mix with water". Do you use this while the boat is on the hard? How
exactly did you apply it to your thru hull valve?

Thanks,

Gary Silver s/v Liahona Amel SM 2000 Hull # 335

Mike,
The buildup is caused by urine and not seawater. Very complete flushing and occasional
use of vinegar will reduce buildup. The penetrating fluid "PB Blaster" will help free stiff thru
hull fittings.

Steve Leeds
Sharki #121
Circumnavigator's Yacht Service