From: Ric Gottschalk ric@... [amelyachtowners]
To: 'amelyachtowners@...'
Sent: Mon, Oct 19, 2015 3:39 pm
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] hydro generator

Pat, There isn’t any reason to disconnect the shaft driven alternator. You must have a fixed prop and that is free wheeling, hence no more drag than the prop. Mine is set so that the ignition key must be removed and inserted in the shaft alternator switch. This is to prevent charging the batteries from two sources. Works great.
Ric
SN24 Bali Hai
Annapolis