Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bilge pump hose connection

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

Hi Vetus makes adapters that will allow you to change hose size. They are gray PVC and cover a range of sizes. 

Fair Winds Smooth Sailing To All
Capt Richard 
RP Yacht Brokerage
Newport RI 
We list sell and service fine yachts including Amel's
Cell 603 767 5330

On Oct 19, 2015, at 15:38, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:


I purchased a new bilge pump from Reya. The new pump shipped with different size hose barbs than the original pump. It shipped with 1 ¼” Barbed × 1” Male NPT Threaded. The barb end is too big for the existing hose. I purchase the next size down 1” Barbed × 1” Male NPT. This is too small for the existing hose. Does anyone know where I can source a 1” Male NPT to 1 1/8” hose barb / 28mm? All I can find is 1” or 11/4” hose barbs. There does not seem to be a size in-between.


I could take the barbs off the original pump but I was hoping to rebuild it as keep it as a spare (it just needs new bearings). Also, the adaptors appeared to be glued in. Most likely I will damage them if I try to remove.



With best regards,




Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

Currently cruising:  Hampton VA


Join to automatically receive all group messages.