Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Repowering Super Maramu

john martin <symoondog@...>

Thomas, Trans Atlantic Diesel in Virginia has a large selection of used and new parts for the Perkins. Give them a call at 804-6429296 John ' Moon dog'

From: "smneurolept" <smneurolept@yahoo.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Repowering Super Maramu
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:36:51 -0000

Hello,
I have a 1992 Super Maramu in Ft. Lauderdale and need to replace
the manifold and oil cooler. It appears so far that the only source
of parts for the engine, Perkins Prima 80T, are from UK. The parts
are close to the price of a new engine. I was wondering if anyone has
repowered here in Ft. Lauderdale, what engine they used, and a
reputable yard to do the work. If anyone knows of a rebuilt or surplus
engine locally that would be even better. Thanks for any assistance.
Thomas