Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Gelcoat repair

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hi Gang,

I too need both the side deck and the top deck colors to repair some small nicks and dings.

Does anyone have a color reference?

Kind regards,

Jean-Pierre Germain,
SY Eleuthera, Amel Super Maramu 007

On 1 Nov 2015, at 00:35, jwdernehl@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I contacted Amel directly with this question.  The answer, unfortunately, was no. The color is simply the "factory" color. There was no other information they could provide. This was for a SM.  So if you have a different model, there may be a different answer.

If you really want it to look good, hire a paint professional to match the color. Or do it yourself and use trial and error. Just try color matching with gel coat without the cure until you find the color that matches.
Best,

Jason
Pao San
SM #88