Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Surveyor(s) east coast US

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Russ,

If you cannot get a surveyor that knows Amels, you should find an owner that knows Amels well, or hire Joel Potter att.net> to look your boat over and give yo plenty of advice. I would rather have someone who knows Amels than a really good surveyor that does not.

I know too many Amel owners that had a good highly recommended surveyor, that would never hire that kind of person again for a pre-purchase review of an Amel.

Bill
BeBe 387
Lanzarote, Canary Islands

On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 6:31 PM, seafeverofcuan@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Russ,

       Now that you have a lot of recommendations it will pay dividends to ensure that you select one who has actually surveyed an Amel. If you check the history of this site you will find postings referring to surveyors not understanding some of the Amel systems, how to switch on the bow thruster for example and reporting that it didn't work.
It would also be worth contacting Olivier privately for a  possible recommendation
of someone in your area.
Good luck with your search.
Regards,
Trevor