Re: Gas

mcgosprey2000 <no_reply@...>

I had the same concerns locating butane after I arrived in Guadeloupe
from La Rochelle. In general, it has been my experience that the
French islands sell Butane in the blue cannisters, the British and
Dutch islands do not. For example, I had to take a taxi to the
French side of St. Martin to locate the one store which filled Butane
cylinders. The USVI and BVI dont seem to sell it. Last year I had
the whole system converted over to propane and added a propane vent
in the locker where the cannisters are located so any excess or
leaking propane would vent overboard. The system has worked fine
since and I have no problem finding propane in the BVI where the boat
is currently berthed. Michael Glass Second Call

--- In amelyachtowners@y..., pagandaisy <no_reply@y...> wrote:
It occurred to me after the last e-mail that as important perhaps
as
the the electrics is gas for your range. It may be that there is
butane available in the blue campgas bottles somewhere in the
Caribbean, but I've never seen it. Do you have a dual gas system
accomodate propane? Arnold