Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Salt water in the bilge

Mark Erdos

Will,

Look around the bow thruster while underway. The seals most likely need to be replaced. We had a similar issue when we were pounded in the Florida Straits. Water will accumulate in the compartment below the floor outside of the forward head. We have an alarm fitted there and it triggered the sensor (in the middle of the night). The water seeped in at the thruster and we could see the wetness around the shaft. We service the thruster while in the water per the instructions on this site. No problems since.

I’m not sure how long the seals are suppose to last. Ours lasted about 18 months. Just for safe measure we replace the seals again when we service the bow thruster at our haul out about 4 months later.

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275