Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Salt water in the bilge

joseph mc donnell

The intake hose on the head in our Santorin does not have an anti siphon loop just seals to keep the water out. If memory seves me its the same on the SM2000  and if the choker valve is worn or has a build up of calcium it will leak water back into the head. Despite the good design not all water ends up in the shower basin under the grating. The fibreglass floor under the head slopes twords the shower basin when on an even keel, but when on a tack presents a level surface for water to slop out of the head, sit on that surface and find a way past the stainless steel inspection plate or the back of the Head basin. Don't taste the water.
Joe