Re: Marine Electronics - Autopilot

mkbiz@...

Hi Jay,

I did the same on my Maramu, though I use a B&G control unit. I assume the Mango is not so much different from it.
I installed a Raymarine Lineardrive Type 2 under the aft cabin bunk. I got a stainless steel arm welded to one of the two sides of the existing "handles" where the steering cables are attached.
I had to drill a hole into both the side of the bunk and the compartment with the rudder shaft to connect the "arm" to the drive piston.

Don't have a photo of the complete installation here, only can show you what happened when the piston got loose and broke an additional hole into the sid of the bunk ;)

http://www.sioned.de/sail/piston.jpg

I kept the original autopilot as a backup.