Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] DOLPHIN carger 24 volt 100 A

Ian Shepherd

Giovanni,

does the charger work for a short period then shut down? The cooling fans on the Reya chargers do tend to fail regularly. I replace them with 24V computer fans using self tapping screws from the outside of the casing which is far less fiddly than the original nuts, washers and bolts.

I am also going to fit 24V regulators in the feed to the fan as I believe that when the charger voltage rises to 28.2V, it may be over stressing the fan motor.

Good luck.
Ian Shepherd SM2K Crusader (2003) Larnaca Cyprus

On 13/11/2015 11:23, gtesta23@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

 Hi to all ,

my Dolphin carger 24 volt 100 A (2003) has RED signal _electronic controller carger out of service.

So, as I'm in Thailand, I think that it  is very difficult to service it with new electronic parts.

I'm planning to replace it with a new one, good to charge also my AGM batteries.

Any experinces or suggestions about ?

all the best

Giovanni TESTA

sv EUTIKIA SM 428