R: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] DOLPHIN carger 24 volt 100 A

Giovanni TESTA

Ciao Jan,
the fan works properly, neither I have its relative alarm
I had a tecnichan on board (I replaced the ko elec. speed BG with simrad tridata) and he told me that "may be" the dirty connection between the elect. circuit board / stripe/ and the lamps on the cover. After he cleaned them ( his finger was black !) the charger works better. Now I'm testing every day the the passage from boost to floating and I cross my fingers ;-) 
I have not other solutions than to fix it, because I have no room to replace it with a new one,
all bigger.
Let's see.
All the best, enjoy Cyprus... don't miss Karpathos, Olympos village next 300mg.
Buon Vento
Giovanni Testa
sv EUTIKIA N428
Thailand_Krabi Marina

---Messaggio originale----
Da: amelyachtowners@...
Data: 19-nov-2015 13.25
A:
Ogg: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] DOLPHIN carger 24 volt 100 A

----Messaggio originale----
Da: amelyachtowners@...
Data: 19-nov-2015 13.25
A:
Ogg: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] DOLPHIN carger 24 volt 100 A

Giovanni,

does the charger work for a short period then shut down? The cooling fans on the Reya chargers do tend to fail regularly. I replace them with 24V computer fans using self tapping screws from the outside of the casing which is far less fiddly than the original nuts, washers and bolts.

I am also going to fit 24V regulators in the feed to the fan as I believe that when the charger voltage rises to 28.2V, it may be over stressing the fan motor.

Good luck.

Ian Shepherd SM2K Crusader (2003) Larnaca Cyprus

On 13/11/2015 11:23, gtesta23@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Hi to all ,

my Dolphin carger 24 volt 100 A (2003) has RED signal _electronic controller carger out of service.

So, as I'm in Thailand, I think that it  is very difficult to service it with new electronic parts.

I'm planning to replace it with a new one, good to charge also my AGM batteries.

Any experinces or suggestions about ?

all the best

Giovanni TESTA

sv EUTIKIA SM 428

Krabi_Thailand

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.