Inverter for Microwave/Outlets

ms42phantom54@...

I am installing an inverter in my Amel 54 to power the microwave and 230V outlets. I want to install it exactly per the electrical schematics I have from Amel. I believe this was an option (Mastervolt 2.5-kVA/230V/50Hz) that I do not currently have. The only difference is that I will be putting in a manual transfer switch rather than the automatic switch Amel would have installed. That way I can keep shore power connected in the US and still use the microwave and outlets without having to start the generator or disconnect 60Hz power to the boat, keeping the battery charger running in parallel. The automatic switch would be fine on 50Hz power.

For those out there who have the inverter installed, where is it mounted? In the engine compartment along the portside wall where the battery chargers are mounted? There is not much room there.

Thanks,

Jamie

s/v Phantom Amel 54