Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Link10 Battery Monitor Issues

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Mark,

Do you have any solar connected to the bank?

Have you connected anything to the shunt inside the battery compartment?

In perfect conditions the Link 10 is a little better than nothing. Unfortunately it does not record things correctly even when all of the settings are correct. The critical settings are:

Charged Voltage which must be at least 0.1 volts below the battery specs...maybe 0.15, or in the case of 24VDC, 0.15 X 2 = 0.3 volts.

Charging Efficiency Factor which should be set at probably set somewhere between 3 and 10. I have ours set at 3.

Peukert Exponent which I have set to 1.13 for freedom type lead acid batteries.

Reset of Amp Counter: Even when everything is set correctly, the Link 10 will require a reset from time to time. Procedure for reset:
Press SET until SEL appears in red, then press SEL five time until AH appears in red, then hold SET until ALL appears in red, then release right away...if you hold it too long, everything is reset...AND you will have to enter all of the above again.

When at anchor, I charge the batteries until there is between 25 and 29 amps going into the batteries.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 5:20 PM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We are having issues with our Link10 battery monitor.

We have reset and re-programmed the unit a number of times trying to fix this issue over the past few months. We are certain it is programmed correctly. The unit did work correctly and reset itself after charging up until about 6 months ago.

The unit is not measuring an accurate flow of amps going into or out of the battery bank. It is off by a factor of about 5 amps. Example: We are on a mooring buoy and the unit reads 5 A (positive) as our current load. We know we are using about 5-6 amps right now. The number should be negative. We have no chargers running. If we turn off everything DC with the large red battery handles, it will read 10 A indicating we are putting 10 amps into the battery. Because the unit is not correctly measuring the amp flow, it is not counting down or resetting when charged.

Has anyone else had issues with this that can give some pointers of things to check? Do these go bad?

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275