Re: Headlining alternatives

sbmesasailor

We replaced the liner on the surfaces of our forward and aft heads.  We were able to get our hands on a felt-backed vinyl.  We used spray-on adhesive and only needed to put on both the felt surface and the boat surface (like you would for contact cement) for the ceiling surfaces.  It turned out quite nice as the felt seemed to absorb the surface variations nicely and the felt will not deteriorate like the foam did.  The only problem was the material came in rolls that were not wide enough to do a headliner in the salon.  You would need to cover a seam with a batten.

Dennis Johns
s/v Libertad
Lanzarote, Canary Islands