SM 209 Main Furler

Gary Wells

Greetings and Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it.
We just completed passage to the BVIs from Hampton, VA. and while the passage was not uneventful, it worked out well for us and our crew.
Today, however, the main sail furled out about 20% and stopped. Then, no more movement. Clicking at the helm and at the motor, and the breaker is not tripped.
I dropped the motor down, furled the sail manually and had a pretty good jib and jigger run down the Sir Francis Drake channel for a while :)

I am, however, without internet so am wondering if someone could coach me through removal of the motor and disassembly from the gearbox.

I have it down from the mast, but I don't see an obvious way to detach it from the wiring. I pulled the brushes (they are worn, but not excessively) and have removed several screws, nuts and bolts but it doesn't seem to want to disassemble from either end.

Advice is certainly appreciated. As soon as I can get it freed from its wiring I'll run it to a rebuilder.

Thanks in advance,

Gary W
S/V Adagio, SM 209
Tortola, BVI