Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM 209 Main Furler

Mark Erdos

Gary,

I can help partially.

To remove the motor take out the four bolts you loosened to slide it down (when operating manually). The gears will drop down from the furler and you can set the motor on the cabin top.

The wiring is connected inside the forward head. Remove the cover to the area of the watertight bulked at the cabin top inside the head. There are four solenoid things there. Two are for the outhaul and two for the furling. The four are wired into two pairs. Disconnect the appropriate wires and pull them up from the top keeping them attached to the motor.

Once the motor and gears are removed from inside the mast; to remove the gearbox from the motor, there are screws holding the gearbox on. I do not recall if it is 2 or 4 screws. Once remove, it takes some oomph to separate the motor and gearbox. Nothing else holds these two components together. I remember having to tug really hard.

Sorry this is not much help. I replace our motor and gears about 3 year ago. I wish I had made better notes.

We must have just missed you in Hampton.

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275