Re: aft lazarette hull plug

Duane Siegfri

I do appreciate everyone's comments.

Ian, the boat has not moved from the dock over that two month time period, I was back in St. Louis.  I'm not sure where the water came from that might have come in the bumper bolts.  I suppose it's possible that some wind-driven waves were washing over the bumper.

In August I had Peggy run a hose over the Lazarette with the hatch dogged down, and me inside watching for leaks.  The hatch seal did leak if Peg shot the hose a full force parallel to the deck, but I wouldn't think this would be an issue in normal usage sitting at a dock.  We had a leak from a wire for a Satellite Phone antenna exiting the starboard stern and leaking onto the upper stbd. shelf which we repaired, and I think is under control now.

Next time I'm there we're going to tape down some paper towels and watch them for a few days.