Re: Stuffing box

Gaffney, Drew <drew.gaffney@...>

The plate keeps the nut from turning unintentionally.  Remove the two screws.  An adjustable flat wrench (75mm) will work.  Turn the nut so the next side is facing where the small plate will keep it from turning.  It’s 1/6th of one turn.  Look at the pictures Bill (SVBEBE) posted 20 Feb 2009.  Search “Rudder post stuffing” in the photo section.  I bought the flat adjustable wrench from a plumbing supply store on line for $15 USD.  It’s hard to turn, which is why it’s good to have a suitable wrench.  We’ve done ½ turn in 9yrs.

Drew and Lili

SY Revelation SM#390

Lying Rebel Marina
Norfolk, VA