Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Prop Shaft Electrolysis

peacock@...

Hi Kent,

I've been following this a little, which might be a mistake on my part. We have also had problems with the 110/220 shore power cords.

As far as I can see, there is NO WAY that you should be having 110 (or 124) volts if you are plugged into a 220V/50A except if the wiring is wrong. By the time the power gets into the working AC part of the boat, there is only a hot 220 and a neutral; the US system of two hot 110 wires has by then been dealt with. If you have 110 or 124, it must be coming from an incorrect wiring connection related somehow to your shore power. The wires come in through the cord, and then run to the box in the engine room where you can select 110 or 220 input. You might want to check that as well. Outside of a 110V inverter, an Amel should never see 110 (or 124) volts.