From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 6:55 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Prop Shaft Electrolysis

Kent, I have a 54, but I suspect the SM is the same. My A/C pump control box is located on the portside wall in the engine room, opposite the generator. I know because I just removed it to make room for my new inverter.

You should not have 120V unless you are connected to shore power in the US. One of the 240V legs to ground will give you 120V.

Jamie

s/v Phantom Amel 54

On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 3:09 PM, "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I just checked again Bill.  There is 124 VAC between either blue or brown at the pump and either the AC ground or the bonding system.  There is almost NO resistance between the AC ground and the bonding system.

There is at least a solid connection from AC ground to the bonding system.  Any idea how to figure out where that might be?

Do you know where the relay box is that powers the AC pump when the units are turned on?  That's where I think at least part of the problem lies.

Thanks again

Kent

SM 243

Kristy

On Dec 1, 2015, at 8:23 AM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Kent,

I think that you just said that there is no voltage between brow and earth with the breakers off

And that there is voltage between the brown and the bonding system green/yellow under the exact same circumstances.

If this is true, I believe that your bonding system is HOT. Check between bonding system and earth (green/yellow from shore)

Bill

BeBe 387

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I'm in Fernandina Beach, FL, Eric.

There is NO voltage between the brown wire and the green wire in the cable going to the A/C pump with the A/C breakers off.  There IS 124V AC between the brown wire and the bonding system.

I just discovered  that neither the forward A/C nor heater will come on now.  I'm guessing that's where I'll find the problem.  I need to find the 220 AC wiring diagrams for the A/Cs and the boat.

Kent

SM 243

Kristy

Tiger Point Marina