Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] B&G speed

James Wendell <ms42phantom54@...>

You are correct Bill. In my haste to offer some advice last night I did not word my comments correctly. If they are all B&G sensors connecting to a Hydra system then it should work. Otherwise, something will be required to ensure signal compatibility to the instrument connection. The NMEA conversion is out of the Hydra (as I have on my 2000), or separately after it.
Thanks

On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 1:32 AM, "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

B&G paddle-wheel input is B&G proprietary, not NMEA.

If it is B&G compatible, it connects to the same input on the B&G processor as the Sonic Speed. If it is not B&G proprietary, there may be a translator black-box...If there is Tinley Electronics will know. Sarah Pidgley tinley.net>. If not, Tinley does sell a black box that converts GPS NMEA SOG to B&G SOW.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 2:48 AM, James Wendell ms42phantom54@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

How did you connect the paddle wheel unit? Is it NMEA 2K? What make? The sonic speed was NMEA 0183 and they are not interchangeable, assuming you have a B&G Hydra system.
Jamie
s/v Phantom

On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 8:43 PM, "pjn.mccallin@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

My sonic speed has given up the ghost have fitted paddle wheel drive. On first test no speed showing on cockpit display, any ideas please, should I have to recalibrate to tell the "brains" of the change. Electronice drive me round the twist but no local expert to hand. Thanks in anticipation