Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Engine Problems Amel 54

James Wendell <ms42phantom54@...>

Jim, I not certain I understand what you mean by "ground-isolated?" The engine frame will be tied to DC earth of course through the battery DC negative feed to the starter, as well as through the alternator, unless I have an isolated alternator. That is not likely standard issue.

Can you clarify?
Thanks,
Jamie

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 9:26 AM, "capt.anderson@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Jamie, Sorry you're having to deal with this but glad a solution is finally in sight. I don't know if the 54 engine and electrical system is ground-isolated like the SM, but if so, then as others will attest, make sure that your new engine installation and all of it's components, bolt-ons and accessories are ground-isolated too.
Jim
SM 384 Sirena Azul