Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Engine Problems Amel 54

James Wendell <ms42phantom54@...>

No one could do a compression check, since the folks I have to deal with here do not have the Volvo test equipment needed. I would have had to buy it all or bring in some firm from another state.
Go figure that.

Also, no I did not take off the head. That is a lot of work and not worth the expense if I am planning a new engine at this point. There is no point throwing more investigation money at this engine. No one has been able to fix it or (with partial dis-assembly) absolutely identify the problem. Having completely ruled out the electrical and fuel systems (my good mechanic now demonstrated that they all are working correctly), the bottom line is that it is clearly not a simple problem. I concur with his assessment after I saw the salt crystals in the exhaust near the turbo
Thanks,
Jamie

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 1:27 PM, "Danny and Yvonne SIMMS simms@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Hi Jamie,
what a nightmare you have had. We all feel for you. The valve and cylinder damage suspected would certainly affect the compression. Did you ever manage to get someone to do a full compression test.
Regards
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl