From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2015 10:37 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Prop Shaft Electrolysis

Where is the AC ground wire connected at the generator, Eric?

I spoke to an ONAN service guy who says that the 220AC output cable has to be connected to the housing on the generator (the box just to the port side of the bigger box with the breakers and stop switch).

He said the only way to isolate the 220AC ground from the bonding system is to remove the bonding cable from the generator.  There is a small pencil zinc in the heat exchanger that he says is enough to protect the generator.

So, is your generator connected to the bonding system?

Thanks for your thoughts Jamie. It's going to take me a while to digest that.

My brain hurts.

Kent

SM243

Kristy

On Dec 3, 2015, at 1:05 PM, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi,

My generator has an isolated ground and the negative is not connected to the start battery except when the generator is starting.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376