Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Engine Problems Amel 54

jjjk12s@...

Electronic fuel pump management on boats can bring in an area of lesser reliability. On the larger Yanmars at least, and I presume still on the latest smaller ones,  they have mechanical fuel pumps whereas competitors have electronic. The reason for this I have been told is that to comply with IMO tier 2 emissions most manufacturers need to electronically control the fuel pump whereas Yanmar has a patented combustion chamber design that allows the emissions to comply, so doesn't need the elctronic management.

John