Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Engine Problems Amel 54

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

John,

Which model and hull# Amel do you own?

Bill
BeBe #387

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 8:10 PM, jjjk12s@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Electronic fuel pump management on boats can bring in an area of lesser reliability. On the larger Yanmars at least, and I presume still on the latest smaller ones,  they have mechanical fuel pumps whereas competitors have electronic. The reason for this I have been told is that to comply with IMO tier 2 emissions most manufacturers need to electronically control the fuel pump whereas Yanmar has a patented combustion chamber design that allows the emissions to comply, so doesn't need the elctronic management.

John