Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Yahoo changes...

James Studdart

I will check into this as well. I'm a programmer by trade and would be happy, if needs be, to write something to transfer the data. I've been wondering if there was a way to "archive" this group for times of need in the middle of the ocean anyway!

I would hope there will be a reasonable amount of time before anything drastic happens to yahoo groups.

Cheers,
James.

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 11:46 AM divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I note it says  "download the fully featured trial version", which implies that someone would need to pay for the full version.
I personally think that the glory days of free internet are coming to an end, and seriously, why not, if it was me I wouldn't be providing all this stuff for nothing.
So, we need to find a way to archive all the stuff that is on this group to...a dropbox....or ???
I'm happy to put in the hard yards to do it, if others are...but we need a secure place to put it all
What does everyone else think ???
Cheers'
Alan
Elyse SM437