Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Changes to Yahoo

Andrew & Kate Lamb

I also have considerable coding experience mainly MS SQL and Asp.net / csharp and am willing to donate time and server resource. However I think whatever solution is found should ideally not be dependent on any individual as any one of us may not be available at some time in the future to carry it forward – common sense IT strategy. So the search really is on for a suitable candidate platform that has the appropriate functionality and likely longevity. I am convinced though at the moment that it is possible to extract all of the existing data from the Amel forum in a format that could be transformed and migrated to a new platform possibly being edited first  – this may not be the case in the future.

Andrew

Ronpische

SM2k 472

Canet en Roussillion, France